SOLIDWORKS Model Based Definition (MBD)
Leave 2D drawings in the dust. SOLIDWORKS MBD lets you complete the manufacturing process directly with 3D.
- Drawingless manufacturing solution helps streamline production, cut cycle time and reduce errors
- Publish 3D data and Product Manufacturing Information (PMI) in industry standard formats, such as 3D PDF and eDrawings
- Define PMI directly in 3D, including dimensions, tolerances, model data, surface finish, weld symbols, Bill-of-Materials (BOM), tables, notes and other annotations
- Create custom-branded 3D PDF output templates to serve as guidelines for departments that manage engineering drawings, request for quote (RFQ), operations, manufacturing, QA, and procurement
- Help comply with industry standards such as Military-Standard-31000A, ASME &14.41, ISO 16792 and DIN ISO 16792
Is SOLIDWORKS Model Based Definition right for you? Let us help you decide.